Well, I did it. I spent an entire week out here in Sweeney's East, our little 600 sq. ft. of Paradise. Of course it rained almost every day, 2 days it did not rain. The humidity and mold spores are so high that instead of sitting poolside, I am inside in the a/c. I am having a tough time breathing today even though I have used the inhalers as directed.
Enough complaining.
I am delighted to announce that I am hooked up to the internet at long last our here. I thought I would go mad last summer without my computer. Joe gave me his laptop and I thought I would be able to access WIFI but that is not as easy as one is led to believe when they tell you it is free with Optimum. You have to live within the areas it is avaialble. Rather than struggle, I called Optimum and had the good old internet put in as well as a phone. Now I am on the triple plan here as well as home. However, they assured me I could turn everything down for the winter. Carol asked how much this would cost for the winter and I did not have the answer as I never thought to ask! Regardless of what it is, I will pay it. Jack brought me out the surge srip today so I will be a little more comfortable once I get everything plugged in properly. Right now I have quite a conglomeration of electric lines strung out in the living room but it worked for the week.
I have been mostly alone which is what I needed to get some thoughts in order. I never thought I would enjoy alone time and could never understand those who liked to be alone but the older I get, the more I appreciate my own company - and eating, sleeping, drinking, not eating, not sleeping, watching tv, not drinking - whenever I want without having to be considerate of someone else. Would I want this all the time? Nah. But it is refreshing to do for a period of timee. Tomorrow I will return to Glen Head for a week and then back out here for a long weekend. Then a second visit to MSKCC (one this Wed.) on Aug 5 and the back out here for the remainder of the summer.
The hardest thing for me this week was missing that little rascal, Agnes! Last night she spoke to me on the phone for about five minutes non stop. I had no idea of what she was saying but enjoyed every nuance of her voice. She must have had an exciting day!
This is the longest typing I have done on this laptop so I hope there are not too many mistakes.
Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment