July 09, 2009

Joy in the Morning












It was with happy thoughts that I awoke this morning! Ain't life grand? I could hear Agnes' footsteps rushing up and down the hall and thinking how much I was going to miss her when Karen and Joe move to their own house. Hopefully, I'll wean myself a little by going out east for the rest of the summer except for MSKCC days.
Every day I learn something new.....I am not in REMISSION as that term is used for other types of cancers, I am in GREAT RESPONSE which is better, I suppose, than GREAT REPOSE.
Sematics!

I forgot to tell you that Dr. Lung O recommended that I drink Gatorade to help balance my electrolytes and that it would probably help me combat some of the fatigue. Even though I am in remission, I will still be taking the chemo and it does drag me down quite a bit. I swallowed some of the swill this morning and wonder if it is worth it? Jack got me lemonade which is usually my favorite flavor in anything but this tasted like salty lemon juice! I may move on to the cherry flavor.

I am putting forth some of my photos from our family vacation. They can't compare with Kate and Joe's but the area is a little different. Mine are from our visit to Hacienda Barbara, a beautiful home of friends of ours. Jack and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon and were so happy to see this magnificent place. Our friends have had it for many years and we always yearned to see it. It was worth the wait. What a glorious place! Of course, I may have to sneak in a photo of Agnes Rose that Joe took with my camera before vacation.

Believe! Hope!
As always, love from me to you!









No comments: