July 08, 2009

Prayer, Hope and Miracle Pills

Just returned from my follow up visit to MSKCC. I am overjoyed to tell you that that small malignancies that were growing in my right lung have shriveled up and disappeared. One could say I was IN REMISSION!

It was just about a year ago that I was starting to feel awful again. Hopefully, those days are past - now I am just dealing with fatigue and some intestinal issues and a gentle amount of hair loss. My journey seems to be heading toward recovery thanks to the miracles of modern medicine and the miracles of good, old fashioned hope, belief and prayer. When I take my chemo pills first thing in the morning, sometimes before the sun rises, I bless myself with holy water from Lourdes and pray for all afflicted with chronic illnesses.

Thanks to all of you who have been by my side mentally and/or physically. We will always have this to contend with but isn't it wonderful to be able to see that there still is time unfolding before us? A gift of time to appreciate all the gifts that are ours to enjoy and a time to tell those we love simply that.

Believe! Hope!

Miracles are happening every day!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: