August 11, 2009

What was that? Time flying!

I can't believe it has been two weeks or more since I wrote you. That is what happens when you have to do nothing - you do nothing! I came out here primarily to write and this is the first time in weeks (except for constant e-mail) that I have made time to put some thoughts out there.

Well, thanks to modern medicine and prayer, I celebrated 62 years of age last Tuesday. My first thoughts that day were "Thank you, God, for letting me be here to see 62!" It feels good to be 62 I tell you!

I had a good report from MSKCC on Wednesday and will see them again on August 28 for a routine CT scan.

If you have not been following "Sween in the Bean" take a look at it as Kate has some great photos of Agnes on it. Joe has also added some video time to "Notes from a Long Island" which are great.

It is good to be in Hampton Bays today (and yesterday) as the heat is oppressive and does cause some difficult breathing for me. I am happy to be here in our little condo because I can put the a/c on low and stay cool and breath easier.

I feel pretty good most days but am still very fatigued - and it is a different type of tiredness. It is total exhaustion at certain points of the day. What MSKCC recommended was to drink Gatorade and it has helped some which was a big surprise. Some of the flavors taste like medicine but I do like the Fruit Punch and Mango and Orange.

My hair seems to be returning - snow white - the hair that did not fall out is dark brown and some folks ask if I was "touching it up." It is so strange to look in the mirror and see the brown hair. I will be happy when my white or silver hair returns. The other strange thing is that my hair is covered with very tight curls. It is amazing how strange it feels to have such changes in my hair. But, I am happy with however it is. At least I am here to watch and feel the changes!

Your prayers have been so good for me I'd like to add a few friends who have had some issues this week - Dolores, George, and Dan. All with various illnesses that could use the boost of a healing prayer.

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: