June 25, 2009

Farrah Fawcett

I felt sad to hear of the passing of Farrah Fawcett today. I hope she slipped away peacefully without a lot of pain. I don't usually get emotional about public figures but she was diagnosed at the same time as I was 3 years ago and her age and mine are the same. I can't help but ask myself why her and not me? I know it is not my time but it does make me think of my own mortality.

Most days just pass without a whole lot of deep thinking on the subject of cancer. It is usually on the back burner and jumps to the front fairly often but I feel it is under control and I am in the best possible care at MSKCC. And, I have the faith and determination that it is not going to get me - at least not for a long time. After all, I am enjoying being a Nana too much!

She has inspired me with her grace and courage. May she rest in peace. And may her family find peace.

Meanwhile, I continue with my mantra

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: