June 16, 2009

Notes from a Long Island

Please note that the former "A Family Grows in Brooklyn" has changed its name to "Notes from a Long Island." The beautifully written text and brilliant photographs will continue under this new title.

Karen, Joe and Agnes Rose have moved in with us temporarily while they search for a house on Long Island. We are happy to have them with us which is a little selfish as I know in some ways they are missing the conveniences of Brooklyn. Joe and Agnes go out exploring and have found the library, the Sea Cliff playground, where the sidewalk really ends, Memorial Park and the quaint village center of Sea Cliff. For their sakes, I hope they find a house while the prices and interest rates are lower than usual.

I had planned to go out to the condo for a few days this week but the weather has been really awful and the temptation to have lunch with the local Crones tomorrow was too much to resist! We haven't gotten together in a few months and once the summer begins, it becomes even more difficult.

Joanne, Tom and their children will be arriving next week for a night or two. It will be great fun to spend some time with them and I hope the weather clears so we can sit out on the deck, kick back and put a dent in some of Jack's wine!

We will be taking a vacation to the Dominican Republic at some point this summer to celebrate our anniversary but for the sake of my fear of burglaries, I will tell you about it when we return.
After all the rain this past few weeks, I am looking forward to some summer sun and dare I say, heat? I, who have always been too hot, find that I am chilled most of the time now. I guess that is the chemo.

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: