May 23, 2009

Memorial Day

Sorry to you all who have been missing my blogs for a few weeks but I have been under the weather with a sinus, throat, chest etc. infection - as so many of you also were. Unfortunately, I was prescribed Levaquin and after two days, could not lift my arms for the pain in my muscles. This happened the last time I took this medication but I did not associate the two. It was weeks before my shoulders and arms were "back to normal." This time I realized that it was the Levaquin and called the doctor who put me on good old Z-pak. Now it is one more medication that I cannot take! Anyway, yesterday there was a big yahoo about Levaquin on the radio so I looked it up and sure enough it can cause tendonitis. http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/levaquin?ref=levaquin_overture&OVRAW=levaquin&OVKEY=levaquin&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=36524140011&OVKWID=254339421011
Apparently there is a lawsuit in the works according to the above link but it will inform you of the dangers of taking this antibiotic. I am in considerable pain while typing this so it will be short.
Of course, I have many pet peeves. This is my pet peeve of the week. Why do we say "Happy Memorial Day?" Do we say "Happy Good Friday?" or "Happy Yom Kipur?" This day, Memorial Day, is a day for reflection on those brave men and women who gave their lives so that we could continue to live in a free country. Today is a day for remembering and giving thanks to all those men and women who are still sacrificing to keep us safe and a day to honor all those men and women who have served and protected us throughout the years. So, I ask you today, while you are praying for me, to stop a moment and say a prayer for those who have gone to their eternal glory and for those who are fighting the good fight today. God bless them all and keep them safe.
That's all folks!
As always, love from me to you!

No comments: