May 01, 2009

Tra-la, it's May!

Oh happy days, May has arrived - can summer be far behind? I am so happy to see the dogwood trees and the lilacs made it through the winter. They are in bloom and it makes me so happy to see them. Jack's tulips are also in full bloom. It's starting to look interesting around here. It will be awhile before we know if our annual battle over when to trim the hydrangeas was won or lost by Jack. This year, he trimmed them all the way down. I love those flowers in the summer and hope that they put on a show this year.

I realized this morning that I have a CAT scan scheduled for next Friday morning and an appointment to see Dr. Lung the Monday after. It's funny, I can manage to forget about what is growing inside me - or not growing, please God - for long periods of time and then I see the calendar and know that I am going to have a test that starts the worrying all over again. Frankly, lately I am too tired most of the time to worry about anything!

On Sunday, Jack and I will celebrate our 40 wedding anniversary. Hardly seems possible and as I look back, I wonder how those years passed so swiftly? I also wonder who that person is looking back at me from the mirror who seems so much older than I think I am!

So, I ask for your prayers again this week as I face the CAT scan on Friday morning. Won't have any results until Monday, though, so don't worry if you don't see any information until then. Meanwhile, remember our motto....

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: