April 01, 2009

Clean Laundry Someday

Just returned from a lovely lunch with my local Crones McMahon, Brady and Hughes. We went to this great little restaurant in Glen Cove called GLYHOP which stands for God Loves You (I can't figure the HOP out.) Crone Hughes reminded me that I have not been blogging of late. There is a reason for it.....a good one actually.....there is nothing to say on the cancer front which is good news as it is keeping its status quo and do you all really want to hear about my day to day activities?

There is another reason and that is we are finally having the laundry area of my kitchen fixed up. It was never completed with the renovation 26 years ago and just as my finally nag ran out, Jack decided it was time to get it done. So, Jim C. came over on Saturday, ripped out the old cabinets and put in new mold proof wall board, a light and did all the plastering, etc. I had to keep the computer equipment covered during this process to avoid dust and mold spores getting into the computer. Jack is supposed to paint the area and we are to order a new washer and dryer and then Jim will come back and hang the shelf and finish up whatever else needs to be done to complete the job. Thus far, it has been 3 days and Jack has not even looked at a paint brush so I have no idea when this job will be completed. It might actually be another 26 years but I am not going to nag one bit. That is the beauty of having faced cancer, stuff like this becomes chicken poop. Who cares if it ever gets done? Not me. I have grown really good at ignoring dust and dirt as long as it doesn't affect my breathing.....and when it does, I just use the inhaler and try to stay out of the room.

So, if there are long pauses in my blog, don't worry about me - it is probably a good sign. I will try to do better as it still amazes me that some of you actually enjoy reading this!

Believe! Hope!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: