February 28, 2012

News from the Front!

According to yesterday's visit to MSKCC, my lung tumors are infinitesimal and too small to biopsy. It is presumed they are malignant since they were originally before the chemo pill shrunk them. Unfortunately, they are starting to come out of hibernation after a 3 year nap. The good news is they are awakening slowly and it will be awhile before they are big enough for biopsy.

Since I had my waterworks when we first discussed this new development originally, I had collected my wits (which were scattered all the hell over the place) and asked when the absolute worst begins to happen, i.e., regrowth, what is the plan? I was given an uplifting plan that did not include radiation or iv chemo. They are having great success with other chemo added to what I am already on. I told my cancer team that as long as I did not have any "episodes" - that is allergic reactions to the new meds, we would all be fine. Believe me, no one wants to go through that again! So, I left feeling like I was in Good Hands - oh, the doctors and nurses are good, too!

You will notice that the weather for the first 2 months of this year have been according to my calendar of December days. You can go back to Dec 3 to get an idea of March's weather. I have to go look myself.

Our grandies continue to grow smarter and cuter by the day. They stayed with Jack and I for part of the day on Saturday and Bernadette actually fell asleep in Jack's arms......or he fell asleep with her in his arms.....anyway, they were both snoring away for almost 2 hours! It is hard to believe Ag starts kindergarten in September and Bern is already in Mommy and Me 3 hours a week and LOVES it. She says she wants to take dancing lessons. I said "ballet", she says "TAP."

I am sorry to see that my absolute favorite "Downton Abbey" has finished its too short season and I cannot wait for season 3. I have finally gotten a DVR and figured out how to use it. Now I will never miss "Days of Our Lives" which has recently, well for quite a while, been DOZE of Our Lives.

Yesterday there was a phone message from someone named Andrea but the number and last name were no one we knew. It was strange because at the end of the lovely message she said to say hello to Jack. So, Andrea, if you are reading this, please call me back. I am sorry that I did not recognize the voice either. I just hope it was for me and not someone trying to reach an old friend and feeling rebuffed!

Please keep a young friend of mine in your prayers. She, too, has been touched with this dreaded disease and has very young children.

Believe!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: