January 11, 2012

Ya Never Know from One Day to the Next

Hello to you all! Thought I would do a quick blog to bring you up to date rather than individual e-mails. I had a little scare last week. My CT scan showed that one of the growths in the lining of my lung appeared to be getting a little bigger. There was great discussion and turmoil regarding the continuation of my meds, etc. and whether a biopsy was needed. A biopsy was decided upon and I requested the woman doc who did my original biopsy at MSKCC. Since she was not available, one of her most competent partners was assigned. I was kept on the medication for which I am ever so thankful. Anyway, I was to go to meet the Radiologist on Friday afternoon and Friday morning the doc I had asked for called me. My ever so thoughtful and kind Dr. Lungo had called her to say I had requested her. She looked at the slides and then called me herself to say she did not feel a biopsy was warranted as the growth was infinitismal, would be impossible to biopsy and barely visible compared to how it was on the original scans 3 years ago. Bless her! It was a very nerve wracking few days imagining the cancer growing inside me again. Of course, this is something all cancer survivors live with daily....and someday it will happen but not too soon, I pray. I have too much living to do.

So I ask again for your prayers, not only for me but for these remarkable doctors and nurses who care so very much for their patients that they go that extra step of making that phone call to put a patient at ease. May God continue to hold them in the hollow of His Hand.

Believe.

As always, love from me to you.

No comments: