If it were not for a quick and brilliant medical team, today would be the fifth anniversary of my passing. Instead, I was revived and got to spend a few days in ICU. Please say a prayer of gratitude that the good Lord did not want me that day! I have been thinking of all the things I've gotten to enjoy over these five gifted years; the birth of two wonderful, incredible grandchildren; Chrissie and Pete's wedding; Molly and Anthony's wedding. Kate introducing Ben into our lives. Sweet babies born to extended family and friends; Graduations; beautiful days in the Hamptons; summer evenings on the porch in the Hamptons enjoying the company of friends and family; celebration of Gladys and John's 50 anniversary (and I plan to go back to Wisconsin next summer) Becoming a lady who lunches - with lifetime friends. Dinners out; family meals; all those holidays.....especially this year's Nativity Pageant at Agnes' school. Catching up with old friends from elementary and high school some by plan some by serendipity. Partaking in a clinical trial at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center when the cancer returned 3 years ago - a trial that I am still partaking in and which has, so far, kept the cancer at bay. Have had the chance to help write a book about cancer; started this blog; discovered yoga - although I need to get back to it. I also discovered that once I break a habit (like going to yoga) it is almost impossible for me to get back in the groove. I realize that some of the preceding were really not sentences but I've also discovered how really unimportant some things are.
So, thank you, dear friends - old friends and new friends - for your prayers, your support, your laughter, your tears. You have gotten me over some rough spots and given me hope and faith that we are all in God's Hands. Life is precious, both the good days and the not so great days. Today I choose to celebrate the good.
Believe!
As always, love from me to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment