October 08, 2009

Yoga and a Hug and a Squeeze

Very pleased with myself today.....I started a yoga class! Granted it is a modified yoga class where we do many stretches and relaxation techniques in a chair but there is some balance and stretching that just uses the chair as a balance technique. My friends Miss Jean Brodie aka Pat and Rita are also taking this class. It is amazing how wonderful you feel even after one class - although I did have a nap with Agnes when I got home. It wasn't so much that it makes you tired as it makes you relax. It also felt good to be one of the youngest in the class - I think it made me feel good, I'm not sure as some of these other ladies had a few years on me but were very flexible and spry! (Spry, isn't that such a good word!)

Tonight I am meeting Miss Jean Brodie and Crone Janice for dinner at an Irish pub. I'm sure it will be as relaxing as the yoga - but not as quiet! I'll soon have to put some make up on the perk up.

I have been teaching Agnes the song "Bushel and a Peck" and she sings along in her own fashion giving hugs and squeezes and just loves "barrel full of cheese." I would love a barrel full of cheese, too!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: