October 05, 2009

One Year

Jack and I made our pilgrimage into Manhattan today to have my monthly check up at MSKCC. Everything is A-0K - might need a little jump in the thyroid juice (which would help lose weight and lessen fatigue) but we have to wait for blood test results....have to take potassium pill every other day to keep it normal. All is all, a very good appointment. Saw Dr. Lung O himself this time but not BP. I don't know how I keep missing her. Also got a flu shot - the regular flu not not the Swine Flu. That hasn't come in yet.

Agnes was waiting for us when we came in which is always uplifting. She and I both went in for naps although she is still asleep and the phone rang with 3 different calls so I finally just gave up. Usually the calls are for Jack but these were for me so I can't complain! I'll just sleep better tonight!

It is hard to believe this but it is true. Tomorrow marks the first anniversary of being told the lung cancer was back and there was a growth in the pancreatic tail. Oh how much has changed in a year thanks to all the prayers, medication and good karma being sent my way. The year flew by and I am ever so grateful that I will live to see another - and another grandchild as well. Life is sweet - each day that unfolds has a miracle in it. Look and listen, you will find one in your's as well.

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: