September 09, 2009

Moody Blues

Bah and humbug - it is not even the Christmas Season and already I am getting cranky! Actually, I did see Christmas decorations in a store over the weekend and commented to the woman standing in line next to me that it seemed a little early since Labor Day wasn't here yet. She agreed. But I digress from what is really on my mind today.

My grumpy mood has nothing to do with seasonal decorations it has to do with having a pity party for myself because I just feel awful. My eyes are blurry, I am fatigued, I have no patience and all I want to do is sleep. My potassium levels are down again and I have to take those horse pills. And now, I have to check sugar four times a day to see if I need a shot of insulin. I know in my head that things really could be worse but this ain't no picnic. I have found myself withdrawing more and more. Maybe that's what I need to do to help myself heal. I told Jack the other night that I was not going to concern myself with anything except my own healing - that I was going to turn all my energies into myself. He understands this need.

I had planned to stay out east for a few extra days this week but was nervous about being all alone (without my friends and the summer people) and having my sugar up and down. The mood swings are awful. Anyway, I came home with Jack and will go out again in a few weeks as I left the electric cord for Joe's computer out there. He had loaned me his old laptop for the summer and now I know for sure that I need to ask Santa for one for myself.

Agnes continues to be a beacon of light and joy in my day although I am not a very active Nana. I have my moments, though, so she doesn't think I am a total bust!

Going back for a rest now!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: