November 20, 2009

Energized

It seems impossible but I actually feel energized today! Maybe it's the upcoming holidays which are spurring me on. Let this serve as an official warning to all the dust bunnies who have had a lot of freedom the last few months. Bold and brazen, they have attached themselves to most stationary objects and under the beds. Vacuum and dust cloth in hand, I am in hot pursuit of anything that even faintly resembles dust or clutter. Well, we'll see how long this mood lasts - and I'm going to start as soon as I have a little nap. All this typing has tired me out.

Happy Birthday to young Ted. How well I remember the day you were born!

Had a lovely visit yesterday from Joe and Agnes Rose who came by for a quick lunch. It is so much fun to hear the words that are now spilling out of Agnes. She cracks me up. I have been chilly lately so I put an extremely colorful afghan that my mother made on my bed to snuggle under. It is a mixture of all the left over wools she had on hand and it is just a riot of color. Of course, Agnes noticed this almost immediately and loves it. I think it may find its way to her house in the near future as I still haven't finished the one I started last winter. I have all the squares done but haven't put them together yet. I just keep carrying them around with great plans (like the dust bunny caper described above) to sew them together. I keep looking at my mother's and Aunt Lou's work and can't figure out how they put together the squares without having the seams show. My seams might as well be in neon colors!

Back to the cleaning!

As always, love from me to you!

No comments: